Filter by Category
Lessons from the Blue Zones: How We Can Create Healthier, Happier Communities
“Blue Zones®” is a term trademarked by New York Times bestselling author Dan Buettner to refer to the healthiest and longest-living communities around the world. Join us for this free event as we highlight the lifestyle habits that increase health and longevity and how we as a community can apply these healthy habits to our daily lives.
- Location: Alfond Center for Health, Augusta
- Date: Tuesday, March 31
- Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Joy Osterhout, MS, MCHES, RYT, Health & Education Communication Consultants.
- Vishnu Nancoo, Nurse Practitioner, Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- Ray Reitze, Master Maine Guide, Author and Philosophy teacher
Other activities include:
- Free raffle for books pertaining to the Blue Zones®
- Resource tables with community offerings in Maine
- Snacks will be provided
Pre-registration is required for this event.
Need an accommodation? We will make reasonable modifications and accommodations to ensure that people with disabilities have equal opportunity to participate in all classes and events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate fully in a class or event, please notify us at 872-4102 at least 48 hours prior to the start of the class or event.
Have questions or need assistance? Call 872-4102 or email PHL@mainegeneral.org.